Our GUSD preschools provide a safe, nurturing environment that prepares students for TK and kindergarten. Preschool instruction is based on the California Department of Education Preschool Learning Foundations. In the full-day Spanish immersion preschool program, children are taught 100% in Spanish.
- Spaces are limited
- Enrollment is offered to four-year-old children first, then three-year-olds
- Children must be three years old by December 1 of the school year in which they enroll
- Free or reduced-fee tuition is available for income-eligible families who qualify for subsidized services
- For subsidized spaces, children are admitted according to waiting list procedures established and monitored by the California Department of Education
- Subsidized parents must be working, in vocational training, or looking for a job
- Enrollment in our Spanish dual immersion preschool does not guarantee enrollment in a GUSD elementary dual language immersion program.
- Pacific Avenue Education Center
- Our full-day preschool program operates year-round from 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Lunch and snack are provided to all students.
Private Pay Fees
- Option 1: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – $1,130/ month
- Option 2: Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – $1,285/ month