Ways to Get Involved
- Provide support for your child's learning at home.
- Attend school events and information sessions.
- Volunteer in your child’s classroom.
- Join school and district leadership committees.
Glendale Unified Parent and Family Engagement Policy
District-Level Opportunities for Parent and Family Engagement
- Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Committee
To find out more about the Local Control Accountability Plan (LCAP) Committee and Meeting dates, please click here.
- District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
More information about the District English Language Advisory Committee (DELAC) and meeting dates may be found here.
- Family Academy Sessions
The GUSD Family Academy was developed based on parents' needs and will highlight information and services from various departments throughout the school year. All parents are encouraged to participate in these virtual sessions. For registration and information, please click here for December 15, 2022.
- Newcomer Family Chats
The District offers Family Chat meetings to all Glendale Newcomer families. These meetings are an effective way to introduce families to the various programs and services available to them throughout the District and community. Each meeting will address a different topic. To view a schedule of meetings, click Newcomer Parent Chat Meetings Schedule. All meetings will be via Zoom until further notice.
School Site Opportunities for Parent and Family Engagement
Please check with your school to learn more about these opportunities!
- School Site Council
- English Language Advisory Committee (ELAC)
- Parent Teacher Association
- School Foundation
- Other school site parent groups (ie: Armenian Parents Club, Korean Parents Club, Dad’s Club, etc.)