The Glendale Unified Board of Education has affirmed its commitment to the essential priorities of improving student achievement and maintaining a safe learning environment. The Board recognizes that improving student achievement is a comprehensive TK-12 effort, which encompasses all student groups and subject areas, and that maintaining a safe, orderly learning environment is critical to student success.
Priority 1: Maximize Student Achievement
- Close the digital and equity gap.
- Offer robust academic programs.
- Accelerate learning and improve attendance and engagement.
Priority 2: Foster a Positive Culture of Learning
- Ensure equitable teaching and learning opportunities led by excellence.
- Support culturally relevant curriculum that emphasizes inclusion.
- Increase school connectedness, trust, and understanding for students, parents, and families.
- Strengthen relationships with families and school communities.
Priority 3: Ensure the Health and Safety of Students and Employees
- Strengthen mental health support and programs.
- Ensure best practices for safe and healthy learning environments.
- Support physical, social, and emotional wellbeing.
Priority 4: Maintain District Financial Responsibility
- Ensure the fiscal health of the District.
- Implement a fiscal plan to preserve the District resources.
- Plan for the District's future educational and facility needs.